As Mama Coaches, we support women through their breastfeeding journeys from pregnancy to weaning. We talk a lot about a common theme and misconception that leaves mamas feeling overwhelmed and guilty.
Breastfeeding is easy.
That just is not true.
Breastfeeding is natural.
100% agree. Feeding your baby milk you’ve produced seems pretty natural to us.
However, for whatever reason, natural and easy get mistaken for the same word often when it comes to breastfeeding.
Breastfeeding is a learned skill by both mom and baby. It is a relationship that takes practice and can come with some big bumps in the road. Lots of these bumps (nipple pain and undersupply) can be resolved by reaching out for quality support from a health professional (who is committed to supporting you, not making you feel stressed and awful!).
One of the most important tools you can have while you work through learning to breastfeed is a high-quality breast pump. A pump allows you to stimulate your breasts and collect milk to give to your baby while your nipples heal (if they are sore), or while your baby gets stronger and gets more efficient and effective at nursing (maybe your baby was premature).
Building an ample milk supply is highly dependent on frequent stimulation of the breasts in the initial postpartum period. This starts with hand expression for the first day or two, but then a pump is helpful in effectively removing milk and providing awesome stimulation, mimicking your baby.
When you are pumping ensure the flange fits properly (check out our article on how to do this here), and that you are using an electric pump with enough strength to mimic your baby’s suckle.
We are so excited to be giving away one of Medela’s brand new pumps, the Medela Freestyle Flex. It is compact, but powerful, allowing you to move around while pumping. It weighs less than a pound and can fit in the palm of your hand!
- Click on the Rafflecopter box below.
- First, log in using either your e-mail address or with your Facebook account. Make sure that both are active as this is our only way of contacting you to let you know if you’ve won!
- After you have logged into Rafflecopter you will find today’s giveaway. Below the photo of what we are giving away, you will find prompts on how to enter (example: “Visit and Like Brand on Facebook”)
- Click on the prompt and once you click the entry requirement your entry will be logged.
- All of our giveaways run for the duration of the 12 Days and winners will be announced on February 1st in this post within the Rafflecopter box below.
- Each giveaway will be considered its own separate giveaway, so make sure you enter and follow all official giveaway guidelines for each one during our 12 Days of January Giveaway.
- All winners will be contacted via e-mail
- All official giveaway rules can be found here.