I remember being pregnant, spending my days dreaming of what my baby would look like, and what our lives would look like after bringing him or her home. I imagined his little face, his hair and thought a lot about how I would feed him. I am an RN and IBCLC lactation consultant and was still so hungry for all the information on all things baby.
I forgot one small, but important detail. How would I feel?
It started in the washroom of my postpartum hospital room. Wowza, what a mess. I am a labour and delivery nurse and I am used to the messiness that comes with having a baby, but geez did it feel different being the mom. I was getting ready to go home with my baby, and proudly pulled out the new underwear, bra and cute outfit I had carefully purchased for myself to take my baby home in. Only one problem, nothing pulled up over my knees! I had no idea what my body would look like postpartum, and I ended up going home in hospital underwear and the maternity clothes I came in with, which I now know is 100% normal, what was I thinking?
I also never understood completely how I would feel. As we drove home with our new baby I was so uncomfortable, unable to sit and the thought of using the washroom made me feel green.
I found myself scrambling to find solutions for my discomfort, all while trying to take care of this brand new human. It is funny to me now when I reflect back, that I believed I could wear medium-sized underwear home, and that I never thought about ice pads or any other sort of pain relief measures I would need to take care of myself.
My story is common, even as new moms we put our needs second behind the brand new baby we are caring for. That is why I was so pumped when Frida Mom launched! A line of products built for new moms. Brilliant.
You can order the labour and delivery and postpartum recovery kit… full of all the things you never really thought about needing! Instant frozen pads, an upside-down peri bottle, and a bathroom essentials bag already packed for the hospital. Amazing.
I also love that Frida Mom is owned by a mom of three little boys, Chelsea Hirschhornwho is quoted on her website as being “just a girl, stuck under her baby with a full bladder and a dying phone”. So relatable which is why she has designed a product line that all mamas can benefit from.
We are so pumped to be giving away one of Frida Mom’s kits! All you gotta do is follow the steps below!
- Click on the Rafflecopter box below.
- First, log in using either your e-mail address or with your Facebook Account. Make sure that both are active as this is our only way of contacting you to let you know if you’ve won!
- After you have logged into Rafflecopter you will find today’s giveaway. Below the photo of what we are giving away, you will find prompts on how to enter (example: “Visit and Like Brand on Facebook”)
- Click on the prompt and once you click the entry requirement your entry will be logged.
- All of our giveaways run for the duration of the 12 Days and winners will be announced on February 1st in this post within the Rafflecopter box below.
- Each giveaway will be considered its own separate giveaway, so make sure you enter and follow all official giveaway guidelines for each one during our 12 Days of January Giveaway.
- All winners will be contacted via e-mail
- All official giveaway rules can be found here.