Mamas of newborns… who has run the marathon of attempting to put your newborn to sleep? You fed, rocked, bounced, shushhhhed, bounced again, fed and carefully put your baby in her bassinet… only to have her fuss 10 minutes later. So you repeat the process. Again.
4Moms has created an incredible tool for parents- the Mamaroo Sleep Bassinet. It mimics the top five motions moms make when bouncing their babies, so mamas can set their babes down but they continue to feel soothed like they are in their arms. And you can control it from your phone!
The 4moms bassinet plus a few tips on newborn sleep and you will be on your way!
Like most parents, you probably noticed right away how much your newborn baby sleeps. It’s a lot! On average, 17-18 hours a day! They can only stay awake for very short periods, usually between 45-60 minutes. Many newborns also have their days and nights mixed up. What that means, is that they do not have an internal clock telling them when it is day and when it is night. The melatonin and other hormones they received through the placenta while in the womb are no longer there helping to regulate their internal clock. Newborns do develop their own circadian rhythm and internal clock eventually, but it takes time.
Essentially, newborns have two main goals in life: to sleep and to eat. They need to eat between 8 and 12 times in 24 hours. Some newborns are very routine in how often they feed, while others prefer to feed frequently during a certain time period, and then sleep longer stretches in between. Both of these are normal. Newborns tend to prefer a later evening bedtime (around 9-10 pm) but this can vary depending on the baby. Naps are every 45-60 minutes throughout the day and can last on average 1-2 hours.
A great first step in developing a sleep schedule for your newborn is understanding how to help set your baby’s internal clock. Consider starting to do a consistent bedtime routine, as it differentiates night time sleep from daytime naps. Keep in mind that a newborn sleep schedule needs to be flexible and it is always important to follow your baby’s hunger and sleepy cues.
Sleep at any age can be challenging. If you have questions please reach out to a Mama Coach in your area to support you and your family and get you on the road to better sleep!
We are so excited to be giving away this bassinet~ be one of the first mama’s in North America to get your hands on one!
- Click on the Rafflecopter box below.
- First, log in using either your e-mail address or with your Facebook Account. Make sure that both are active as this is our only way of contacting you to let you know if you’ve won!
- After you have logged into Rafflecopter you will find today’s giveaway. Below the photo of what we are giving away, you will find prompts on how to enter (example: “Visit and Like Brand on Facebook”)
- Click on the prompt and once you click the entry requirement your entry will be logged.
- All of our giveaways run for the duration of the 12 Days and winners will be announced on February 1st in this post within the Rafflecopter box below.
- Each giveaway will be considered its own separate giveaway, so make sure you enter and follow all official giveaway guidelines for each one during our 12 Days of January Giveaway.
- All winners will be contacted via e-mail
- All official giveaway rules can be found here.